Join us this weekend for the INK HOUSE DEMO PARTY, SATURDAY + SUNDAY from 9AM-4PM both days. Lots of light tasks on the list, and refreshments provided; any amount of time and assistance is welcome! Contact Christi Birchfield for more information email@example.com
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Inkhouse Preview Party at Beachland Ballroom ($20 suggested donation)
JUNE 12, 2014 | 6-8:30 PM
Join Zygote Press for a preview party of the INK House. The night includes music by OLD BOY as well as Todd Allen. Tours of INK House will also be provided. Suggested $20 donations at the door will receive a two-color screenprinted poster.
The INK HOUSE, formerly a vacant home in North Collinwood, is being fully redesigned and rehabbed to become Zygote's new satellite location to be used exclusively as our new contract printing studio for creating fine art editions. The garage behind INK House will also serve as Zygote’s home base for our mobile printmaking endeavors, so we can keep on bringing printmaking to the streets of Cleveland beyond the two neighborhoods in which we reside.
Monday, May 5, 2014
Christi Birchfield, INK HOUSE Project Manager, David Craun architect (from Bialosky+Partners), Jen Craun (Associate Director of Zygote), Bellamy Printz (Co-founder and prez. of Board) and myself met for a visioning meeting for needs of the INK HOUSE. We wanted to get a few bids on costs once we got a chance to see the project with the new scope of drawings. Jeff Robinson of Modern Contractors was awarded the bid (he has worked with us before). Last week, he began the permit process acquiring permits and staged the build-out schedule.
To alleviate costs, Zygote has decided to host a "demolition party weekend". This is scheduled for the weekend of May 30th and June 1st. We are asking volunteers to join in on easy surface demo of the house. Things like pulling up carpet, stripping wallpaper, and removing cabinets and fixtures are the tasks we will take on. Northeast Shores will assist us however they can to expedite the permit process.
We have been busy in the neighborhood...
- hosting a FLUXUS launch party in collaboration with Spring Issue of CAN launch at Waterloo Arts as one of the Vibrancy Grant
- met with NESCDC for their site visit with the NEA’s ARTPLACE second round funding cycle as one of their three primary partners
- prepped another Vibrancy grant for September for the Walk on Waterloo
- meeting with other merchants and participating in the merchant’s association
- arranged the purchase of a press
- Donald Black filmed and developed KickStarter campaign (plan to launch in late June) (stay tuned)
- Scheduled the Preview Benefit party at Beachland for June 12th from 6-8:30 featuring OLD BOY
- Hosted two cultivation events for collectors (CMA’s young collectors Column and Stripe) and Marous Brothers (Builders for project at Westin
- planning another cultivation event for artists in August and a friend-raiser event in mid June